The Handy Interview Checklist
So you have submitted an application for a job online and before you get the chance to let out a sigh of relief the phone rings. It’s the recruiter and they are asking if you can attend an interview with the hiring manager. Brilliant. The interview is happening in 48 hours. 2 days. What!?!?
Don’t despair, we have you covered. The following checklist is a good signpost for the practice you should be following before, during and after the interview.
1. Prepare your CV and folio if relevant
2. Prepare your professional outfit
3. Company research- review their website
4. Get to grips with the job role
5. Review the job ad and the company website
6. Know where you’re going – map it out
7. Get a good night’s sleep so you’re not looking tired
Morning of the interview.
8. Check your body odour – don’t overspray
9. Check your breath – have a mint, don’t chew gum
10. Check that you have all of your documents
11. Leave half an hour earlier than you need to
12. Arrive 10 to 15 minutes early
13. Put your phone on silent
Make a good first impression.
14. Maintain good posture – shoulders back
15. Maintain good eye-contact
16. Strong hand-shake
17. Be enthusiastic
After the interview.