The program is completed in two stages:
Stage 1 – Preparation (typically 4 to 6 weeks) including:
- A consultation with your Readygrad consultant
- Review and guidance on your resume
- Interview preparation
- Identifying internship opportunities for you
- Interviewing with one or more organisations
- Confirmation of your internship
- Signing a Training Agreement
Stage 2 – Internship Placement (12 weeks) including:
- 12 week placement with a live organisation
- Support from your Readygrad consultant throughout
- Voluntary workers insurance cover
- Enrolment in the nationally recognised Unit of Competency BSBOPS201 Work Effectively in Business Environments*
- Readygrad’s Internship Success Toolkit^
- Completion of learning activities & assessments
- Readygrad Certificate of Completion
- Nationally recognised Statement of Attainment
*What is BSBOPS201 Work Effectively in Business Environments?
This is a nationally recognised short course that is a key part of your internship placement. It provides you with learning about organisations and how they operate, as well as a series of learning activities to complete whilst in your host organisation. These activities will captured in our eGrad online learning system and be assessed by Readygrad. You will be eligible to earn a Statement of Attainment for your portfolio on successful completion.
This short course is known as a Unit of Competency and is provided by Readygrad as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 45724).
If you are completing your internship as a required part of your qualification (for credit) then you will have assessments to complete for your institution and will not complete BSBOPS201 Work Effectively in Business Environments.
^What is the Internship Success Toolkit?
When you enrol in an internship, you will get FREE & instant access to our Internship Success Toolkit - valued at $249 - through our eGrad portal. Here you will find five self-paced learning modules designed to help you develop the skills required to enter business life.
Internship Success Toolkit modules:
1. Effective Communication
Demonstrate the use of words, tone and body language in communication style while gaining insight into rapport-building techniques.
2. Business Skills & Etiquette
Practice positive business etiquette habits in the workplace and demonstrate positive workplace behaviours.
3. Personal Branding
What is a personal brand? Define personal brand in a workplace context and build a personal brand action plan.
4. Business Communications
Demonstrate business-appropriate verbal and written communication techniques. Define the differences between passive, aggressive and assertive communication.
5. Career Path and Planning
Align your signature strengths to development activities using the 70:20:10 learning methodology. Plan and prepare for job interviews using the ‘STAR’ behavioural interview technique.