- Resume preparation session
- Interview preparation workshop
- Formal Training Agreement
- 12 week internship placement in your nominated profession
- Placement into a host organisation – we work with hundreds of host companies operating across most industries
- Formalised evaluation process with midpoint and exit placement reviews
- A dedicated Placement Consultant to mentor, coach and offer career advice throughout
- BSBIND201 Work effectively in a business environment Statement of Attainment on successful completion of the program, provided by and delivered on behalf of Gradability Pty Ltd, RTO 91436.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance required for the placement
Professional Internship Program
As restrictions begin to ease off across most states in Australia, we are now starting to receive more internship opportunities from our host companies. Given the current stages of lockdown, we have exciting remote internship opportunities, which have proven to be a successful and convenient option for young professionals and host companies. We also have a small number of in-company opportunities to choose from, and we expect many more to come!
Please select your preferred option here and register if you are ready to undertake your internship now. Please note that our Professional Internship Program includes a fee of $2,500 ($3,500 Engineering), which you can pay by instalments. The cost of the program covers your consultation, preparation, internship placement, insurance, certification and ongoing support.
Our Professional Internship Program* is a structured program focusing on providing employment readiness skills. The program is designed for eager young professionals just like you looking to kick off their careers.
Our 16 to 20 week program includes a 12 week placement with an Australian company. It is designed to help your transition from study to the workplace and to put that all-important experience on your resume.
We will match you with the right internship placement for you, taking into consideration your career goals, specific area of expertise, relevant experience, learning objectives, training needs and location. Our graduates achieve excellent program and employment outcomes, with many being offered employment by their internship host company.
Readygrad is one of the largest dedicated graduate employability specialist in Australia. As ex-graduate recruiters and development specialists, we saw a gap in graduates’ relevant work experience, employability skills and their readiness for the workplace and set out to help change that. We have helped thousands of interns launch their careers, and want to help you too.
*The Professional Internship Program contains a Nationally recognised Unit of Competency BSBIND201 Work effectively in a business environment, provided by and delivered on behalf of Gradability Pty Ltd, RTO 91436. Students will obtain a Statement of Attainment for BSBIND201 Work effectively in a business environment once all training and assessment has been competently achieved.
We are passionate about helping graduates get started in their chosen careers. The learning outcomes for this Professional Internship Program include the development of skills and knowledge:
- To work within organisational requirements
- To work as part of a team
- To develop effective workplace habits
In order to achieve these learning outcomes, students will have the opportunity to:
- Observe, contribute to and participate in business meetings
- Read relevant organisational documents e.g. position descriptions, policies and procedures
- Practise professional writing skills including emails, agendas, meeting minutes and reports
- Establish workplace relationships and build a professional network
- Build professional business communication skills
- Expand understanding of the application of legislation in the workplace
The Professional Internship Program is a 16 week program with two stages
Stage 1: Preparation & Interviews
The first stage of the Professional Internship Program is all about getting you ready to ace your internship placement. You will meet with your Placement Consultant who will talk with you to understand more about you and your career goals. You’ll work together to perfect your resume, boost your confidence through our interview workshop, and we will ensure you are ready for the workplace with our online Work Health and Safety (WHS) training. We’ll also be busy matching you to internship opportunities at one of our 6,600 host companies and arranging interviews.
Stage 2: 12 Week Professional Internship Placement
Your internship placement will help you bridge the gap between study and work – you’ll have the opportunity to apply what you have learnt at university to a professional work environment and be involved in work-related tasks and projects relevant to your area of study. Readygrad specialises in accounting internships, engineering internships, finance internships, HR internships, IT internships, and marketing internships. You can find out more about the type of placements our host companies are offering on our internship opportunities page.
The Professional Internship Program consists of a number of training elements, assessments and evaluations. You must complete all of these elements in order to progress with the program.
There are three assessments and one preparation quiz required to successfully complete the program:
- Week 2: Multiple Choice Assessment*
- Week 3: Online Case Study*
- Week 4: Online WHS Quiz (internship preparation - not an assessment but must be completed)
- Throughout internship you will work through your Assessment 3. At the end of your internship you will submit Part A and Part B of Assessment 3 in its entirety for marking.*
Upon successful completion of the program students will receive:
- A nationally accredited Statement of Attainment BSBIND201 Work effectively in a business environment, presented by Gradability, RTO 91436
- A Readygrad Certificate of Completion for the Professional Internship Program
*Assessments for BSBIND201 Work effectively in a business environment
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Completed or enrolled in a degree or diploma in the area of your nominated internship placement
- Availability for a minimum of three days a week during office hours for placement
- IELTS 6.0 score overall with no less than 6.0 in each skill, or equivalent, if applicable
- Abide by the Readygrad Student Code of Conduct, including maintaining professional standards and attitudes at all times at Readygrad campuses and at the host company
Unsure if you qualify for the course? Contact our team today.
We want you to be fully informed and make the best decision for your future. Have a look at our program brochure, student handbook and policies and procedures for further information on the Professional Internship Program.
Readygrad Professional Internship Programs specialise in the fields of accounting, engineering, finance, HR, IT and marketing placements. Placements in other disciplines such as, but not limited to, engineering may take up to 8 weeks to secure as these areas have a broader scope across the market. Readygrad works hard to ensure that student placements are conducted in a professional company that meets regulatory requirements as well as student’s needs. At times this process can take between 4-8 weeks.
BSBIND201 Work effectively in a business environment is provided by and delivered on behalf of Gradability Pty Ltd, RTO 91436.
I decided to undertake an internship program to gain more Australian workplace experience, to better equip myself and get used to the Australian work culture which is very different from my own country.
Thuy, accounting graduate
Need more information?
WIL Placement (Internship) Program
Get closer to your dream job and get 'The Edge' with Readygrad's Professional Internship Program.
If you are serious about making the right decision for your future come and discover the Readygrad advantage!